Breast Reduction Surgery
Reduce the size & shape of overly large or heavy breasts, removing discomfort or enhance proportionality
Many women have breasts that are so large & heavy that is cause pain and discomfort – typically to the neck and/or back. Sometimes the size of the breasts is so large that women struggle with certain activities such as exercise or even climbing stairs. Naturally, this causes distress and can reduce self-esteem and confidence.
Breast reduction is a procedure that allows a surgeon to remove this excess fat, tissue and skin – it can be done for one breast (unilateral) or both breasts (bilateral). Women say to us how pleased that are after surgery, knowing the size & shape of their breasts are much more proportionate to their body, and that they can finally wear the clothes and do the activities that they want to!
Before & After Gallery
Breast Reduction Costs & Procedure Information
Also known as a mammoplasty, breast reduction surgery is an operation that removes the excess weight and volume of the breasts. The breasts are then reshaped and the nipples are repositioned to form new smaller breasts.
If you feel that your breasts are overly large, are not in proportion to the rest of your body or are causing you pain & discomfort, you may want to consider breast reduction surgery.
There are many factors that can affect the size of women’s breasts, such as:
- Inherited genes
- Body weight
Having breast reduction surgery has many benefits, these include:
- Reducing the size of your breast can leave you feeling more comfortable as it can help eliminate the constant pain of indentation from bra straps, skin irritation, back and neck pain and posture problems.
- Allowing more comfortable involvement in sporting activities that otherwise would be painful or awkward with large, heavy breasts
- A change in your appearance. Having large breasts that are out of proportion to your height and weight can be embarrassing and frustrating. For teenagers and young women this may be the case especially wearing swimsuits and various clothing due to unwelcome attention and the size/fitting of many high-street brands.
- Increased confidence. It may be the case you feel & look better in clothes and are pain free, boosting both your mood and confidence.
There are several different surgical designs to reshape the breasts. All of them will involve a scar around the areola of the breast. Each method uses different techniques, which result in different scars – each will have advantages and disadvantages. Your surgeon will discuss this with you in detail and, with your approval, will select the best technique for your particular case.
Each patient is unique – different expectations and as such different requirements. We don’t apply a “one size fits all” approach to cosmetic surgery, and as such the price of the surgery will depend on the exact requirements of your individual procedure. We have included an expected price range below, but really – we’d love to meet with you first to gain a better understanding of what you are looking for and what we can do to help you achieve the desired outcome.
The first step, should be to book in for a free of charge initial consultation – see the Consultant, so that you can discuss your hopes and expectations. Once the consultant has had a conversation with you, a member of our team will be in touch to provide you with a full quote. This quote will include everything – pre-op, surgery itself, post-op and aftercare.
* Default deposit amount (25%) can be varied and costs can be spread over a longer/shorter period, such that the monthly payment amounts are more suited to each individual situation.
To book your free of charge, no obligation consultation for breast reduction with one of our expert Consultant Breast Surgeons, simply call our cosmetic team on 0330 058 4455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our specialist Patient Coordinators are Helen Stuart & Sara Greenshields.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Your surgeon will examine you and your breasts in proportion to your body to see roughly how much tissue can be removed and still give you a natural in proportion breast shape. The surgeon will discuss the various options with you and will make recommendations that are appropriate and suitable to you.
The surgeon will discuss all risks with you before the surgery, however a few to note include:
- Scaring will be noticeable on the breasts, however, how bad the scars will be vary depending on the person and by the type of incision made. After surgery, scars will be red and swollen, but typically the scars will fade over time.
- There is a small chance of losing feeling in the nipples or breasts. Often this loss of sensation is temporary; lasting only a couple of months, which will vary depending on the person.
- The ability to breastfeed can be reduced after surgery. For some women, there is still the possibility, depending on what type of reduction is carried out.
- There is a risk of unevenly positioned nipples or breasts that are not the same size or shape. This is usually due to untrained or unskilled surgeons – Pall Mall Cosmetics only use highly experienced and highly skilled surgeons
In some cases, it is possible that surgery can be the second solution to reducing the problem of having large breasts.
Alternative options may consist of:
- Weight loss – This can reduce the amount of fatty tissue around your breasts.
- Physiotherapy – Receiving recommended exercise from a physiotherapist can often help with aches and pains that are caused by large breasts.
- Psychological – Receiving support and treatment if having large breasts are causing emotional or mental health issues can be very beneficial.
- Specialised fitted bras – Most discomfort is caused by the wrong sized bras being worn. Getting a professional to fit a correctly sized bra may help reduce discomfort.
This can vary due to people healing at different rates, but for most cases, it will be around 2-6 weeks. Patients usually return to work within 2 weeks of the surgery, however, to assure the best chance of healing, you should avoid bending over, lifting your arms over your head and any exercise until after three weeks post-op.
We work with many amazing surgeons for Breast Reduction Surgery:
- Mr Ahmed El Gawad (BAAPS & BAPRAS accredited) – Consultant Plastic Surgeon
- Mr Deemesh Oudit (BAAPS & BAPRAS accredited) – Consultant Plastic Surgeon
- Mr Hassan Shaaban (BAAPS & BAPRAS accredited) – Consultant Plastic Surgeon
- Mr Ramachandran Prasad – Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Mr Amar Deshpande – Consultant Breast Surgeon
Mr Ahmed Abd El Gawad
Consultant Plastic & Aesthetics Surgeon
Mr Ahmed Abd El Gawad With over 20 years experience as a Plastic Surgeon and renowned for cosmetic procedures including the Face, Breasts, Body and Genitals.Read more
Mr Ramachandran Prasad
Consultant Breast Surgeon
Mr Ramachandran Prasad - Consultant Plastics & General Breast Surgeon Mr Ramachandran Prasad provides consultations on breast disease, breast surgeryRead more
Mr Amar Deshpande
Consultant Breast Surgeon
Mr Amar Deshpande - Consultant Breast Surgeon Amar completed his basic surgical training in B Y L Nair Hospital (affiliated to University of Bombay),Read more
Mr Deemesh Oudit
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Mr Deemesh Oudit - Consultant Plastic Surgeon I am a highly experienced and fully-qualified plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgeon, also beingRead more
Mr Hassan Shaaban
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Mr Hassan Shaaban - Consultant Plastic Surgeon A highly skilled and experienced Consultant Plastic Surgeon, with over 25 years of Plastic Surgery experience.Read more